Many people are optimistic when they first set out to achieve their goals. It is after they are met with setbacks and disappointments that they find it hard to stay motivated. They allow their self-doubt and other frustrations to keep them from taking the necessary steps towards their goals. It is important to remember that in life there will be setbacks. Setbacks and other obstacles happen to everyone, not just you. It may feel like you are the only one experiencing these difficult moments, trust me you are not alone.
The most successful people in the world did not get their success without experiencing their own set of disappointments along the way. They just didn’t let it stop them. It is how we handle our disappointments that will determine our success in life. You have a choice on how you can handle your frustrations. You can allow your frustrations hold you back or you can keep trying until you have reached the goals that you have set for yourself.
Here are five ways to keep you motivated:
1. Make the decision on what you want. You must make the decision that you are going to move forward despite any self-doubt you may have due to past disappointments. Use those challenging moments to become more clear on what you want. Use it as a learning experience and move forward. The moment you become more clear on what you want the more determined you will be on making it happen. You will be opening yourself up to many new opportunities and will alter the direction of your life for the better.
2. Develop a plan. It is not enough to make the decision on what you want. You have to make a plan on how you are going to get it. Having a plan will make it real in your mind. Having a plan will keep you motivated towards making the necessary steps to make your dreams a reality.
3. Get started. Now is the time to start working towards achieving your goals. The moment you start taking action towards your dreams the more motivated you will become. You will begin to see your life take on a new direction and bring you closer to your goals.
4. Watch how things progress. Progression is what keeps you motivated. Those setbacks and frustrations, in the beginning, seem like a distant memory. You didn’t let it stop you and look where you are now. Just seeing how far you have come will build your self-confidence immensely.
5. Celebrate your achievements. Achieving your goal is a milestone in your life that deserves to be celebrated. Now that you have reached this goal proves how determined you are. It was your determination and dedication to your dreams and goals that have got you to this point. Now, look what you have accomplished. In achieving your goals, you will be an inspiration to others and will inspire them to go after their goals.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. ~Gail Devers